Prelims - April 22; Finals - April 23
Prelims: 11 A.M- 5 P.M.; Finals: 5 P.M- 7 P.M.
'High Voltage' is a platform which will provide twenty shortlisted bands the chance to showcase their musical prowess. Genre no bar, this competition is aimed at providing the most promising band a potential launch pad for their sonic journey. So, if you think you’ve got it in you, get your guitars out of your basements and hit the jam pad, 'cause you really don't want to miss out on this one shot at melting some faces and rocking out through the night.
Best Performing Band: ₹ 25,000/-
Second Best Performing Band: ₹ 10,000/-
Debayan Banerjee Shibam Talukdar
+91 86386 50748 +91 94353 83808
• Registrations shall be made through the website www.aduj.in.
• Mandatory participation fee for each participating band shall be Rupees One Thousand (1000) during registration. Entry is free for all participants.
• There shall be two rounds. The first will be the preliminary round and the second will be the final round. 5 bands shall qualify to the final round.
• The number of members in each participating band shall be at least three (3) and not exceeding seven (7).
• There are no restrictions on genre.
• No member shall play for more than one band for the event.
• The time limit for the performance of each selected band during the preliminary round shall be exactly eighteen (18) minutes including setup and soundcheck.
• The time limit for the performance of each participating band during the final round shall be twenty six (26) minutes including their setup and soundcheck.
• Soundcheck will be supervised by the event committee.
• Sound samples and background foley may be used, upon review and acceptance from the event committee.
• Participants shall bring their own instruments. Standard equipments and a drumkit shall be provided.
• Use of abusive language shall not be entertained. Abusive words or phrases may be silenced.
• Event updates will be uploaded to www.facebook.com/nluaaduj/
Following are the grounds of disqualification of any selected band from the competition:
1. Failure to deposit entry fee.
2. Failure to arrive backstage at the time of performance
3. Display of vulgar or indecent gestures on stage.
4. Throwing of any kind of substance on any person or on the crowd.
5. Disregard for the general code of conduct for the festival.
6. Fraud, forgery or alterations made to registration portfolio.
In lieu of the aforementioned matters, in case of any dispute, the decision of the event committee co-ordinators shall be final and binding. Winner and runner-up selected by judges shall be final and binding. Any contempt of the decision shall warrant eviction from campus premises and cancellation of any rewards. The university does not take responsibility in case of any loss or damage to instruments and/or personal belongings. There shall be no negotiations with the entry fee or ticket price. Rules are subject to change at moment’s notice. Being musicians, the event committee for High Voltage realises your needs, the security of your beloved instruments and the importance of your talent in and during the event and therefore all due respect shall be meted out to the participating bands and supported thoroughly.